Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It should always be Earth Day

Well Earth Day has come and gone and so has the Etsy Cloth Diaper Promotion. If you missed it check back, I am sure the team will have another one sometime in the fall.
With Earth Day still in mind however, I am wondering why more people have not yet switched to cloth diapers. It is just so simple, and what better a way to help save our planet. It is not just about garbage either. It comes down to all our resources. It takes a lot of energy to produce those disposables and then fuel to ship them too, then of course there is the trucking to dispose of them and process them at the landfill. On top of all that is the chemicals they contain which is first in contact with your baby's skin and then in the soil and ground water. Oh and groundwater there is a whole other problem. That gel that holds all that urine also holds precious groundwater supplies.
I could go on with my rant, but I think you get my point. I am very passionate about cloth diapering and hope some others will catch my bug!

No comments: